Yahoo Mail Sign In Problems
You have important emails to get to, but you can't sign in to your Yahoo Account? Let's help you get back in there, here are the most common access issues and how to solve them.
1. I forgot my password
Go to Yahoo Mail Sign-in Helper. Enter your Yahoo ID and select your password recovery method to regain access in minutes.
2. I forgot my Yahoo ID
The Sign-in Helper is capable of doing more than just resetting passwords. Enter the mobile number or alternate email address associated with your account, Yahoo will send you a message to refresh your memory.
3. I think someone is using my account
Use Sign-in Helper to change your password immediately, then review Yahoo's steps to secure a hacked account.
4. "Invalid ID or Password" message
You may have entered your ID or Password incorrectly. If you are sure you entered them correctly, consider the following:
- Caps Lock or Num Lock Keys: make sure these two keys on your keyboard haven't accidentally been pressed.
- Browser auto-fill settings: If your browser usually remembers your password, but you've recently changed it, you'll need to enter your new password manually to override your browser settings.
- If those are not the case and you're sure you entered correct information, considering to change your password immediately since it may imply that someone else has accessed to your account.
5. "First time signing in here" message
If you're trying to sign in from a device that Yahoo haven't seen you use before, you may be asked for an Account Key (sent to your phone or alternative email) to verify that it's really you trying to access your account
6. "Account Locked" message
If you have too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts, a 12-hour temporary lock is triggered to protect your account. But you can always regain access immediately with the Sign-in Helper.
7. The sign-in screen loops or reloads
You may have to clear your browser's cookies, usually in the History section of your browser. Restart your browser and try again. If it doesn't fix the problem, something might have happened on Yahoo's end, wait for them to fix it.
8. I'm using the right password and Yahoo ID, but I still can't sign in
You might be using an out-of-date or unsupported browser. Yahoo works best with the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
Go to Yahoo's Sign-in Helper for any ID or password-related issues.