Set up Hotmail automatic replies
This article shows you how to set up automatic replies in Outlook. This feature is really helpful when you're away or on a vacation and not available to instantly reply to emails. Once you enable this feature, the program will reply to any new email messages you receive while you are away.
How to set up Outlook automatic replies
- Go to https://outlook.live.com/ and log into your account.
See Outlook Sign In if you don’t know how to log into your Outlook account.
- From your Outlook inbox, click the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Scroll down and click View full settings.
- In the Mail tab, select Automatic replies.
- Click the button near "Turn on automatic replies" to enable this feature. The button will now turn blue.
- You can set the time period for automatic replies by checking "Send replies only during a time period". Automatic replies won't work outside this time period.
- Additionally, you can enable 3 options:
- "Block my calendar for this period" to block any notifications about events as on your calendar.
- "Automatically decline new invitations for events that occur during this period."
- "Decline and cancel my meetings during this period."
- You can also select to send automatic replies only to contacts by checking the "Send replies only to contacts" at the bottom of the page. If not, automatic replies will be sent to anyone who emails you.
- Enter your reply.
- Click Save. It's in the upper-right corner of the page when you're done setting up an automatic reply.