How to reset Outlook password?
If you forgot the password you use to sign in to Outlook.com, you might need to reset it. Make sure that Caps Lok isn't on as passwords are case-sensitive.
How to reset Outlook password
- Go to the Reset password page.
- Select the reason why you want to reset your password then click Next.
- Enter the Outlook email address you're trying to recover.
- Enter the characters you see in the captcha code then click Next.
- You need to verify your identity. If you have security information on your account, select one of the ways to get a verification code: via text message or alternative email. Then, click Next.
Choose I don’t have any of these if you don't have any of the above options. This will lead you to a set of questions about your personal information to verify your ownership of the account, answer correctly to proceed.
- Based on what you choose, you will need to enter your full alternative email address or the last 4 digits of your phone number. Then, click Send code.
- Check your phone or your alternative email account for the verification code. Enter it into the box and click Next.
- Enter your new password twice then click Next.
You can now log in with the new password you have just reset!