How to focus on important messages with Priority Inbox
If you enable the Priority Inbox feature, your inbox will automatically split into three sections including Important and unread, Starred, and Everything Else. It separates your important messages from the rest of your emails so that you can focus on them first.
How to enable Priority Inbox
Step 1: Go to Gmail and log into your account.
Step 2: Mouse over your Inbox label and click the Down arrow that appears next to Inbox.
Step 3: A drop-down menu will appear. Click Priority Inbox.
Step 4: Priority Inbox separates your inbox into 3 sections:
- Important and unread
- Everything else
Step 5: (Optional) If there’s a message in Everything else that shouldn’t be there, do one of the following options:
- To add it to Important and unread, click the message importance marker (to the right of its star).
- To add it to Starred, click the message star.
Step 6: (Optional) To customize the Priority Inbox, on the right next to the inbox section, click the arrow next to the number of messages in the section to specify the following options:
- Move the messages to another section
- Specify the number of messages to display in the section
- Hide the section when it’s empty
- Add a fourth section or remove a section