How to delete a Yahoo account?
This article shows you how to permanently delete your Yahoo account. Once you deleted your Yahoo Mail account, your emails will be removed. You will also lose access to your account, your Flickr account, photos, and other data stored in Yahoo's services. So make sure that you cancel all paid services to avoid future charges and consider carefully before closing your account.
How to delete a Yahoo account
- Go to the Yahoo account termination page. Enter your email address and password.
- Read the text on the page. It outlines the terms of deletion and reminds you to cancel any paid Yahoo services.
- Scroll down and click Continue deleting my account.
- Enter your email address again in the text field in the middle of the page.
- Click Yes, terminate this account.
- You will know it worked if you see a message that reads Your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion. In 90 days, your account will be permanently deleted.
Once you close your Yahoo account, anyone who tries to send a message to your email address will receive a delivery failure message.