How to block or unblock someone on Gmail?
If you're getting emails you don't want in your inbox, you can block that Gmail sender. This article shows you how to block or unblock someone on your Gmail account.
How to block someone on Gmail
- Go to Gmail website and log into your Gmail account.
- Open an email from the sender that you want to block. You can enter their email or person's name in the search box at the top to look for their emails.
- Click the down arrow at the top right of the sender name.
- Click Block "Sender Name" from the drop-down list.
- Click Block to confirm. Now you will not receive emails from this person.
If you blocked someone by mistake, you can unblock them. Here's how to.
How to unblock someone on Gmail
- Open Gmail and log into your Gmail account.
- Click Settings button. It's on the top right corner of the page.
- Select Settings.
- Select Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Select the person that you want to unblock and click Unblock. It's in the right corner of the person's email address and you're all done.
If you signed up for a site that sends lots of emails like newsletters, promotions, etc., you can unsubscribe to stop getting these junk emails.
How to unsubscribe from mass emails
- Open Gmail and log into your account.
- Open an email from the sender that you want to unsubscribe.
- Click Unsubscribe or Change preferences. It's next to the sender's name. If you don't see these options, follow the steps above in order to block the sender.