Hotmail Sign In problems
Hotmail is now Outlook.com, and it uses Microsoft account to sign in. If you can't sign in your Microsoft account, here are some suggestions to get you back in there as quickly as possible.
If you remember your password and it isn't working, make sure the Caps lock is turned off and your email address is spelled correctly.
Reset your Hotmail password
If you don't remember your password, follow these steps to reset your password
- Go to the Reset your password page.
- Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
- Enter the email address or the phone number that you used when you signed up your Microsoft account.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen (to prove you’re not a robot), then click Next.
- If you've added security info to your account, Microsoft will send a one-time code to the phone number or alternate email address you provided. Choose a way to receive the code and click Send code.
- Enter the code you received and click Next.
- Enter your new password. Then click Next.
If you have trouble resetting your password, consider the following:
- You can't get a security code
- If you don't have or can't get to your security info (your alternate phone number or email address), click I didn’t get a code when you’re prompted for a code at sign-in, or I don’t have any of these when you’re resetting your password, then follow the instructions.
- You may be asked to fill out a security questionnaire. You’ll be asked for info like the subject lines of email you recently sent from your account, your birthdate, credit card info, and other details only you would know. You don't have to know every answer, and it's ok to be close if you don't know the exact answer. There may be a 30-day waiting period to get full access to your account.
- Your profile is temporarily locked
There might be a chance Microsoft is having some issues. You can check the status of the service on https://portal.office.com/servicestatus.
Log-in issues may also occur due to browser-related problems. You should keep your browser up-to-date.