Export Gmail Contacts into CSV File
If you want to back up your Gmail Contacts or import your Gmail contacts to another account, you will need to export your Gmail Contacts first. This article shows you how to export Gmail contacts into a CSV file.
How to export Gmail contacts into a CSV File
Step 1: Go to Gmail and log into your account.
Step 2: Since the current version of Google Contacts doesn't support exporting contacts, you need to go to the Old version of Google Contacts.
Step 3: Click More and select Export... from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Select contacts you want to export.
You can select either
- All contacts to export all contacts you created and contacts you've emailed; or
- The group - You can click My Contacts and select a group of contacts you created.
Step 5: Select the format in which you'd like to export your contacts' information.
- Google CSV format - transfer contacts between Google Accounts.
- Outlook CSV format - transfer contacts to Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, or various other apps.
- vCard format - transfer contacts to Apple Address Book.
Step 6: Click Export.
Step 7: Choose a location to save your file and click Save.
Wait a few seconds and your contacts will be exported.