How to delete your Gmail account?
This article shows you how to delete your Gmail account.
What you need to know before you delete your Gmail account
- Deleting your Gmail account won't delete your entire Google Account. You can still use other Google services such as Google Play, etc.
- You can no longer use it to send or receive emails once you delete it.
- No one can register with the same email address.
- All of your messages, emails, and settings will be deleted if you don't create a Gmail backup.
- If you use this Gmail account to recover any other account, remember to change it.
- You should review the data and products associated with your account on the Google Dashboard.
How to delete your Gmail account
Step 1: Sign in to your Gmail account.
Step 2: Go to the Delete a Google service page.
Step 3: Enter your password to confirm your identity and click Next.
Step 4: Click the Trash icon next to Gmail.
Step 5: Enter another email address to keep using your other Google services like Google Calendar, Google Play, etc. It can't be a Gmail address.
Step 6: Click Send Verification Email.
Step 7: Click Got It.
Step 8: Google has sent a verification message to your new email address. You will need to open the message from Google with the subject Gmail Deletion Confirmation and click the link in that message.
Your Gmail account will be deleted within 2 business days of your request.